Share this PageShare this Page Print this PagePrint this Page

K.G. Subramanyan Archive

Brief overview (-)

K.G. Subramanyan (1924–2016) was a renowned artist and writer based in Baroda. Having studied in Santiniketan in the 1940s, he moved to Baroda in 1951 and was instrumental in shaping the newly emerging Faculty of Fine Arts alongside his colleague artists Markand Bhatt, N.S. Bendre, and Sankho Chaudhury. Subramanyan had been an influential teacher, having also taught Jyoti Bhatt and Gulammohammed Sheikh.
 
The K.G. Subramanyan Archive covers a rich visual documentation of his artistic practice including his outdoor murals, terracottas, toys, and paintings. This archive also covers a wide collection of over 150 essay and lecture manuscripts he had written as well as his letters and correspondence with artists, institutions and government bodies. Documents from this collection will be gradually released on the AAA website over the course of 2015.
 
This collection is part of The Baroda Archives Project. For more details of the project, please click here.
A tree diagram of the K.G. Subramanynan Archive is available here.

Tree Diagram

You are browsing:

K.G. Subramanyan Archive