AAA seeks Collection Assistant
AAA seeks a Collection Assistant (full-time, Hong Kong-based)
Art is knowledge. Asia Art Archive is a catalyst for new ideas that enrich our understanding of the world through the collection, creation, and sharing of knowledge around recent art in Asia.
We are seeking a candidate to serve as Collection Assistant to handle, process, arrange, describe and facilitate access to Asia Art Archive's collections, both digitally and in the physical library space. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation at the center of the regional contemporary art landscape.
- Cataloguing and inputting data relating to AAA's collections into the collections management system to the established standards
- Handling/responding to inquiries from users and donors, both physically and digitally
- Digitisation of physical collections based on acquisition plans
- Contributing to the development of archiving and library processes including inventory, catalogue, data cleaning & storage
- Assisting in public programmes and events where necessary
- Assist in the day to day running of the physical library space
- Moving and handling physical archives and library material
- Provide clerical and administrative support for daily library operations
The candidate should possess:
- BA degree in the arts or information management
- Excellent spoken and written English and Chinese
- An interest in contemporary art
- Knowledge of or experience with cataloguing or library work is an advantage
- Familiar with computer technology and quick to adapt to and use new systems
- Meticulous attention to detail
To apply, please send a cover letter and full CV indicating salary expectations to
Sally Lee email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.