Asia Art Archive in India seeks to hire a full-time Researcher at the full or associate level. The successful candidate, to be based in New Delhi, will work closely with colleagues to oversee and develop research projects and collections to advance research and scholarship.
AAA in India is an organisation committed to building resources around the region’s dynamic contemporary art scene. The candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience and develop research initiatives on the histories of modern and contemporary art of South Asia.
- Identifying and developing research collections and archives for digitisation
- Working with colleagues to manage existing and propose new research projects, including the Bibliography of Modern and Contemporary Art Writing of South Asia project
- Developing relationships with external partners such as researchers, curators, artists, and other educational and arts institutions
- Representing AAA at public forums and other platform
The ideal candidate should be an outgoing and organised team player with strong acumen and research skills, who is also independent and can take initiative. Other requirements include:
- Minimum two years’ experience working in academia (in art history or other relevant disciplines), and/or conducting research in cultural institutions/organisations
- Post-graduate degree in the arts or related disciplines
- Knowledge and understanding of twentieth-century art historical debates in South Asia
- Fluency in English and at least one other South Asian language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent skills in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter including expected salary, two writing samples, along with names and contact details of two referees to Ms. Sally Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.