Asia Art Archive (AAA) is a non-profit arts organisation founded 19 years ago. It is now a leading public resource for contemporary art in Asia, and a platform for sharing knowledge and new ideas through research, residency, and educational programmes.
We are seeking a candidate to support the daily administrative work of the Executive Director and the organisation. The individual will work closely with the Executive Director, and with the administrative team. This is an exciting opportunity to gain substantial experience in arts administration and management in a dynamic organisation at the centre of the regional contemporary art scene.
- Assisting the Executive Director with all administrative duties, including appointment scheduling, travel arrangements, and correspondence
- Preparing documents, minutes and reports for meetings
- Working in a professional and focused manner to schedule internal and external meetings for the Board and subcommittees, project teams, etc.— including booking conference rooms and arranging lunches
- Organising and working with other departments to arrange events
- Liaising with building management on any premises-related issues
- Assisting in the administrative and daily logistical operations of the organisation
- Assisting in resources management and operations support
- Administering correspondence, managing incoming calls, and prioritising phone messages, emails, and mail
- Handling all calls and visitors with grace, sophistication, and professionalism
- Liaising with the Board of Directors as needed
The ideal candidate should be an outgoing and creative team player able to work independently. Further requirements are:
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to solve problems creatively and diplomatically
- A good team player
- Discretion and confidentiality are essential
- Provides systematic and dependable follow-up
- At least 2–3 years in a relevant position
- BA degree in the arts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in English and Chinese (written and oral)
- A genuine interest in contemporary art
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with expected salary to Sally Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.