Asia Art Archive is an independent non-profit organisation founded in 2000 to document and make accessible the multiple recent histories of art in the region. It has one of the most valuable growing collections of material on the recent history of art from Asia, freely available from our website and onsite library.
We are looking for a Collection Manager to oversee our unique collection of physical and digital primary and secondary source holdings. Working across AAA’s departments and reporting to the Head of Collections and Digital Experience, the Collection Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining the collection.
The Collection Manager oversees the Collection Assistants in ensuring that new collections are assessed, arranged, described, preserved, and made accessible to our users in both our physical library and online collections.
- Manage and evaluate the development of AAA’s physical Collection
- Facilitate the smooth integration of new research collections into AAA’s collection.
- Propose acquisitions based on AAA’s content priorities and valuable secondary materials for the Collection.
- Lead Archive and Collection Assistants in executing archive projects, library operations, and collection management.
- Oversee the Archive and Collection Assistants on the archiving process to ensure preservation, copyright, and metadata of materials meet AAA standards, and that archives are made available to the public efficiently.
- Supervise the development of the library collection.
Seeking individuals with:
- Strong interpersonal skills to work closely with and positively influence the team, organisation, and build relationships with third party stakeholders such as artists, curators, gallerists, and researchers.
- An interest in future trends regarding access to collections, and ability to communicate and interpret cultural collections online and in person.
- 4 years’ work experience and interest in contemporary Asian art
- A relevant degree level qualification in archives, libraries or collection management, or experience in a gallery, library, archive or museum collections setting
- Line management experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- English and Chinese language skills (written and oral) are essential
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter including expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. AAA is committed to equal employment opportunities.