Asia Art Archive (AAA) is an independent non-profit organisation with a leading collection of material around recent art in Asia, and a definitive resource for the development of contemporary art education in Hong Kong and beyond.
Reflecting its belief in the role of the archive as a catalyst for knowledge production, AAA is focused on activating its growing collection and connecting with other networks and platforms. We are seeking an accomplished professional to lead the development of online educational resources that draw lines of enquiry out from AAA’s research priorities, projects, and collections. The individual will work closely with the Head of Learning & Participation to develop strategies for educators’ programmes.
- Leading the development of online educational resources
- Creating and commissioning bilingual (Chinese & English) content, and expanding its impact through networking with like-minded resources and platforms
- Overseeing the organisation of all aspects of educator programmes that support teachers and pre-service teachers’ professional development, including: conceptualisation, budgeting, collaboration with partners and funders, communication with invited speakers, technical set-up, logistics, and acquiring consent for distribution
- Conducting customised school tours at AAA
- Building partnerships and maintaining ongoing relationships with the local art and educational community
The ideal candidate should be an outgoing, dynamic, and organised team player who is also able to work well individually.
Further requirements are:
- Proven skills developed through five years in a relevant position in the art/education field , ideally involving educational resource development and programme management
- Strong leadership, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Curiosity and genuine interest in contemporary art and culture
- Excellent written Chinese and English
- Fluency in spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking
- Flexibility—some programmes held on weekends
- Relevant educational qualification in the arts/education
- Teaching experience and understanding of twenty-first century educational need is an asset
- Knowledge of social media and Content Management Systems an advantage
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with expected salary to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Applicants with less experience may be considered for a Coordinator position.