Primarily known as a sculptor and printmaker, Ha Bik Chuen (1925–2009) had parallel practices of photographing exhibitions he attended while collecting materials (including illustrated magazines and artist portraits) for the construction of book collages.
In 2013, Asia Art Archive began an initial pilot project to map, assess, and selectively
In July 2016, with support by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, Ha’s archive in his studio
AAA currently seeks short-term (3 months) part-time Project Assistants for the project—to start immediately or no later than 15 Mar 2019.
Project Assistant (part-time, Hong Kong-based)
- Handle and process archival materials from the Ha Bik Chuen collection, including listing, describing, and
digitisingselected materials from the Ha collection
- Support the Ha Bik Chuen Archive team in
cataloguingphysical materials and compiling archival inventories
Seeking individuals with:
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn on the job,
- Ability to work in a small, dynamic team environment, and to independently manage and execute multiple tasks following a project timeline
- Interest in collection management, assessment, and
- Technical knowledge of photography is an advantage
- Strong English and Chinese word processing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or above in humanities, social sciences, or the arts
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant work experience
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter including expected salary to email@example.com by 8 Mar 2019 Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. AAA is committed to equal employment opportunities.