Asia Art Archive (AAA) is embarking on a large-scale research and archive project "Recalling Disappearance: Hong Kong Contemporary Art" (the Project) which aims to support research, writing and discussion on Hong Kong art history through a holistic approach. The project will identify, organise, digitise and annotate archives important to Hong Kong contemporary art and the development of the Hong Kong Room to provide consolidated access to rare books, archival and audio-visual materials.
For the project we are recruiting—
- Act as the overall administrator for the Project
- Conduct research for the Project including supervising acquisition and digitization of archives, creating indexes and annotations, producing research papers and presentations.
- Provide advice and support for AAA’s education, curatorial, and media programs that contribute to and circulate the outcome of Project research and archives
- Act as a liaison with external collaborators of the Project
- Work closely with other departments of AAA to develop public talks, residencies and library exhibition based on AAA’s research on Hong Kong art history
- Represent AAA and actively participate in any relevant professional activities in connection with the Project.
- Develop networks in Hong Kong art history academia and art communities.
- Possess a postgraduate degree in Art History or other related fields.
- Have at least three years’ professional work experience in conducting research and archive projects relating to contemporary art.
- Have knowledge and intellectual curiosity in Hong Kong art history.
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Have an excellent command of necessary computer skills.
- Possess very good interpersonal, supervisory, and time management skills.
To apply, please send a cover letter and full CV indicating salary expectations to Sally Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.