We are currently seeking a Research Coordinator to support the Head of Research and individual Researchers. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to gain substantial experience in arts administration and develop skills working with research and collections at a dynamic organisation at the centre of the regional contemporary art scene.
Working closely with the Head of Research and Researchers, the Research Coordinator is responsible for:
- Supporting the development and delivery of ongoing research projects that range from collection development, research grants and symposia to exhibitions, workshops, and publications, and, when appropriate, liaising with outside collaborators, including artists, scholars, and curators
- Coordinating existing and new projects initiated by the Research department through day to day correspondence with researchers and project staff
- Overseeing day-to-day functions for department and project staff, including record keeping, correspondence, and departmental travel
- Coordinating with other departments for ongoing duties, such as maintaining departmental web information, as well as special projects, such as Art Basel HK and other programs and exhibitions
The ideal candidate should be an outgoing, passionate, dynamic, and organised team-player who is also able to work well individually. The person should possess:
- A degree in the arts or related discipline
- 1-3 years of work experience in the field of art - research experience an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects at a time while remaining detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Chinese
- Proficiency in Chinese and English word-processing, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with expected salary to Sally Lee at email@example.com. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.