We are seeking a full-time Associate / Assistant Editor (Chinese) to support the Editorial department of Asia Art Archive (AAA). This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation at the centre of the regional contemporary art scene, with a chance to assist in new directions for IDEAS Journal, AAA’s online publication.
- Assist the Managing Editor in commissioning and generating content for IDEAS Journal, our online publication
- Work closely with the Managing Editor to produce accurately written and/or translated materials, with a clear and compelling voice
- Copyedit translated texts and ensure accuracy of English/Chinese translations
- Copyedit AAA’s publicity materials, website content, and public programme texts (eNewsletters, press releases, eDMs, small booklets, etc.)
The Ideal Candidate
- Has meaningful experience as a Chinese editor and translator
- Has a passion for essays, fiction, poetry, and/or contemporary art—preferably with an interest in experimental or otherwise unclassifiable forms and genres
- Possesses strong analytical ability and rigour
- A team player who is also able to work independently
- Meticulous in their work, with an eye for detail
- Able to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with expected salary to Sally Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.