Asia Art Archive (AAA) is an independent non-profit organisation founded in 2000 to document and make accessible the recent histories of contemporary art in Asia through residencies, research and educational programmes, publications, and institutional collaborations. It has the most valuable growing collection of material on the recent history of art from Asia, freely available from its website and onsite library.
AAA is currently seeking a Development Assistant interested in the operations and administration of a non-profit arts organization.
The role requires participation in the planning and execution of patron events and engagement activities, fundraising, and new initiatives that will launch in 2020. The job involves a number of administrative support tasks, and with more experience at AAA, will include directly managing events and projects for our community of patrons.
- Event production and management—work with the AAA Development Team, event location staff, and corporate partners to execute a variety of events, from small lunches to daytrips
- Fundraiser auction support—assist in the annual fundraiser auction
- Support grant-writing and sponsorship efforts—assist in the creation of funding proposals to support AAA operations and liaise with colleagues and external parties to ensure project deliverables and deadlines are met
- Coordinating patron communications—produce the biannual patron newsletters, and communicate directly with patrons and AAA friends about the organization
- Administrative duties—help maintain databases, arrange logistics, and provide creative solutions to challenges that may arise in the work of the Development Team
- University BA or BS degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Chinese
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- A team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Understanding of Adobe CS5 Suite InDesign and Photoshop will be an advantage
- Interest in and knowledge of the arts in Hong Kong and Asia
To apply, send CV and cover letter with expected salary to Sally Lee at email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.