Asia Art Archive is an independent non-profit organisation founded in 2000 to document and make accessible the multiple recent histories of contemporary art in the region. It has one of the most valuable growing collections of material on the recent history of art from Asia, freely available from our website and onsite library.
We are currently seeking a team leader on a one year fixed term to oversee the operational running of the Ha Bik Chuen project in its final phase.
A Hong Kong-based artist primarily known as a sculptor and printmaker, Ha Bik Chuen (1925–2009) also had parallel practices: from photographing exhibitions he attended, to collecting materials such as illustrated magazines and artist portraits, and using these to construct book collages. Collectively, this material provides building blocks from which more complex histories of Hong Kong’s art ecology can be constructed. During the final phase of the project we aim to digitise and make available parts of the collection for research.
The team leader is required to manage two staff and meet the Ha Bik Cheun project deliverables. To achieve this you will work closely with AAA’s collections, Research and Development teams.
You will have experience working with either contemporary art, library, archive or museum fields. Have a good understanding of best practices cultural heritage collections.
- Managing Archive Assistants to execute archive projects, digitization and administration of the HBC project
- Work with and oversee the Archive Assistants on archiving process to ensure:
- Creation and uploading of digital images and documents to AAA’s collection management system
- Reporting on progress and deliverables from the project
- Liaising with third parties in relation to the project
- Creating web content
- With Head of Collections and Digital Experience establish qualitative and quantitative measures and track progress accordingly
- Reporting of qualitative and quantitative measures for the collection
The candidate should have:
- A degree in art or art history
- Experience or interest in contemporary Asian art
- Line management experience
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and cross-organisational communication skills
- Strong English and Chinese word processing skills are essential
To apply, please send a cover letter and full CV indicating salary expectations to Sally Lee (email@example.com). Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.